Friday, March 9, 2012

Craigslist SPAMMER

I posted an ad on Craigslist and got an email that looks like it's a computer-generated spam. After my episode with that hack-fraud case last year (he sent me a similar threat mail), my mental alarm went blaring crazy, mostly because of the capitalized subject title and horrendous English punctuation. Thankfully, I did not provide any details whatsoever, and as my roommate intelligently pointed out, "That name does not sound Finnish at all!!!".

People out there, be careful!

Google:
chrmc children's hospital seattle staff quarters


Compare those with this original email:

Hello
My name is Lyne ,I am looking to rent a place to live. I am a young professional and will be  needing to move ASAP. I am willing to pay first and last months rent .I am very responsible and open to any kind of lease. I am an Humanitarian worker and was posted on a new job to your area.I will be glad if i could hear back from you sooner.
 Thank You

When you reply, you get back this:
Hello,
Thanks very much for e-mailing me back.. I am Lyne Jones by name and live in Seattle, WA. I would have been kind of happy if we can meet before making any plans, but am very busy and i have a lot of things to do right now.. I will really appreciate it if you can tell me more about the place and tell me little about you because my uncle is presently very sick, and i have to travel to Finland to see him but i want to secure the place down before going. He was involved in a car crash with his new car some weeks back and now ill seriously, I need to check on him and take good care of him. 
I am staying in CHRMC Children's Hospital Seattle staff Quarters now The address is below:
4800 Sandpoint Way NE Seattle, WA 98105 
I am moving cause of my job, am a medical Humanitarian nurse for united Nations. I work for CHRMC Children's Hospital in Seattle but will be working in a local clinic over there, More about me, am a neat type of person, honest, humble and responsible. I like honest, responsible and hardworking people while i hate the lazy, messy and uncaring people....well am a quiet and gentle going person to live with....I am 26 yrs old female, 5.4 in height ,i like tourism and i don't keep late at nights neither i will have overnight guest around but am ok if you do.. 
I was born and brought up in Finland, i studied there i had my university education right there while staying with my uncle.. I lived all my life in Finland before coming down to Seattle, WA have been living with my uncle from age 13...Then i was member of the Red Cross Association it really sounds interesting for me...Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....I do not have any pet, i really like dog and cat but have none of it now, so there is no problem about that. 
I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with little of my furniture. 
please let me know if there will be room for them. With all that I've said above I have told you more about me and more picture of mine will be attach in the next email Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit 
Feel free to ask me any question and as I've said i am looking to move in by the availability of the place but want to secured it now

No comments: