Friday, April 16, 2010

LASIK (Week 1)

Week 1 was really about paranoia... LOLX. Very small thing I accidentally touch my eyes I would be extremely jittery about any repurcussions that it might have. As a result, it kindda impacted my life negatively - not good.

But anyway things to take note:
1) Eye regime continues, but reduced from 4 times to 3 times.
2) Wear eye goggles.
3) Tilt your head down and close your eyes when washing hair. Make sure no water/soap gets on your face.
4) Face is to be cleaned with another cloth, and be sure not to touch the eye region.

I read that the first 3 days were the most crucial period of the healing process.

End of the first week was another check up by Dr Lee. He told me that the cornea was healing very well, and the end of the first week also means that the risk of infection is brought down to almost zero already (whew).

I still experienced dry eyes, though I can feel the dryness reducing as the days go by, but still rather extensive as compared to normal. And also some halos in the night. I think it's relatively sensitive as well to dust (my workplace near construction site; I would always wear googles along that stretch of road) and light. Goggles and sunglasses are essential in this case.

1 comment:

Terri Meeks said...

Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. Lasik Eye Surgery Near Me