Thursday, February 7, 2013

The inertia of status quo and the tyranny of old ideas


http://sg.news.yahoo.com/contain-singapore%E2%80%99s-rich--institutionalise-dissent--donald-low-094743693.html
“In short, I’m less worried about the risks of polarisation than I am about the effects of incumbency, the inertia of the status quo, and the tyranny of old ideas.” - Donald Low



I am really liking this quote. Not only because it incisively points out my point of view when I voted in the last elections, but also about work and life in general.

How many of us have encountered situations where traditional people have ensconced upon their thrones and start quashing all novel opinions that try to change the status quo ("because it works" they always say) without even giving the opportunity to try them out?

No comments: