Sunday, May 13, 2007

TSV 1860s Muenchen - Die Loewen...












My first football in my ENTIRE life, I gave it to TSV 1860s Muenchen, at the Allianz Arena stadium... Haha, it's MUCH cheaper for one, than the all-mighty Bayern Munich's ticket. That can reach hundred over Euros!!

But the main reasons were to go into Allianz to take a look and to experience the Bayern football fever! I had experienced Bayern Munich and Nuernberg's fans' fervour.. Definitely petrifying... So this other team from Munich I wanna see too....

Allianz seats are really good from the top and the view is good even for the lousiest category of seats...
It's the last match of the Division 2 Bundesliga in Germany for 1860s, 1860s is up against FC Hansa Rostock, which is supposedly second on the table now and 1860s is 8th in the division 2 table (first is Karlsruhe)... I am not really into soccer as you all know, but it was not exactly the perfect day for 1860s I think. About 5 and 6 balls came to this number 9 player (striker supposed) but he couldn't get it straight! It's always wide OPEN AWAY from the goal!! Something's wrong with the radar somewhere!

So yahz, they lost in the end, 1-2, the only goal was by their apparent star player - Berki - they affectionately called and the only player they cheered for... IT is really obvious, because he was the only one wearing a striking yellow boots... I was told most European star players do that... Oh well, so much for humility haha....

But it was a tight fight lahz, if it wasn't for alot of flukes, I think 1860s might even win... Pressure wasn't on them either. Rostock is now on his way to promotion to the first division in the next season :P

But one thing I am really impressed is the fighting spirit of the 1860s, and the unwavering support of the fans for their football teams even where it is in the disadvantageous position, no matter how bad the performance was. It is something which I think I lack very much and I don't think I would ever possess... They really fight and fight and fight even when they know they are on a losing streak... I think these people are those that have this X-factor to break through the odds. I have always marvelled at these people I met in my life, because I can never do that.
**** "Blau bleiben, bis zum letzten Tag" ****
Blue is the colour of 1860s and "the lions" their name (sounds familiar). "Stay blue, until the very last day".... Says it all, doesn't it?

No comments: