Sunday, February 1, 2009

Flying Free

This is a song that I love to sing when I was in choir in my primary school days. Cos it exhibits perfectly how a choir should sound like, the harmony and melody. And well, our choir was quite good, SYF always gold one haha... Yeah, we are pretty proud of that LOLX.

And it's the song that had made me wanted to learn the flute, but too bad la, too ex to learn then. Haven't had the experience to feel the lyrics of the song like now, after having walked the earth for 26 years now...

It's quite an inspirational song I feel, with wings of hope and anticipation for the future, yet recognising the challenges and adversities that will inevitably be facing and not backing down...

A song acoustically beautiful and inspiring, but alas, with that slight tinge of regretful melancholy, if you hear it in a different light.

This version is one with the violin though... I have the one with the flute one. LOLX.. Flute's nice...



Flying Free

There is a place I call my own
Where I can stand by the sea
And look beyond the things I've known
And dream that I might be free

Like a bird above the trees
Gliding gently on the breeze
I wish that all my life I'd be
Without a care and flying free

But life is not a distant sky
Without a cloud, without rain
And I can never hope that I
Can travel on without pain

Time goes swiftly on it's way
All too soon we've lost today
I cannot wait for skies of blue
Or dream so long
That life is blue

Altos: So life's a song that I must sing, a gift of love I must share
Sopranos: so life's a song, a gift of life I must share

Altos: And when I see the joy it brings, my spirits soar through the air
Sopranos: and when I see, my spirits soar through the air

All: Like that bird up in the sky, life has taught me how to fly

For now I know I can be
And now my heart is flying free
Oooooo...

No comments: