Sunday, February 13, 2011

Documenting my 'seasons'

Sometimes, I feel I am like an insect (seriously, I once dreamt I was a cockroach... of all things... zzzz). There are certain parts of a cycle dedicated to certain activities: feeding, moulting, actively social...

I have an epiphany suddenly that I should try to document that. It should have been done eons ago given my self-discovery of such a characteristic. But I wasn't interested in spending my time on such a seemingly frivolous (or inane) activity. Right now, I think it will be interesting to see how my cycle changes and make observations. Also, to my own benefit, the predictability of such a cycle.

After the Winter Ball yesterday, I have decided to tag Feb as my 'unsocial' season. Using the months as a time gauge can be fallacious but good as a more intuitive demarcation method.

Month: Feb
'Unsocial' season

Defined by: outwardly obvious social awkwardness, the inability to engage in sensible conversations even within familiar cliques or on familiar topics, frequent mind-blanks and incompetent articulation of oneself. And lack of desire to take photos and be taken.

Remarks:
This might not be demarcated by months, but instead by some other factors TBC. This can also be a triggered effect. For instance, dancing next to a boombox can trigger a flight response. Then, it no longer can be classified as a seasonal habit. Further prospective and retrospective examinations are required.

The road to self-discovery is long and arduous indeed.

No comments: