Monday, April 2, 2007

Reminiscing Oly





Yupz. I have officially moved out of Olympiazentrum. I have been leading a nomadic life these 2 weeks without my official dormitory, shifting from the flats of OlyDorf to the bungalows of OlyDorf. Now that I am shifting away, I think I will miss the 'niceties' of Olympiazentrum.

For those who don't know, Olympiazentrum is the Olympics village of 1972 when Germany hosted the Olympics in Munich. The dormitories as it is now (flats and bungalows) were essentially the atheletes' hideouts then. The sports facilities retained until today as mainly the universities' sports complex. It's a perfect jogging park, walking scenery and superb suntanning and picnic spots in summers in the Biergarterns especially. The Olympiaturm (tower) housed the Museum of Rock and is the tallest structure in Munich. I went there like 2 years so I don't think I will go up there again since there is a cost involved :P. But the surroundings with the stadium, tennis courts, sealife place of interest, lakes, swans, ducks and nature is just splendid.

Try jogging and breathe it the air, the sunshine, the picture... You will fall in love.

No comments: